Friday, August 26, 2011

Lucky

At times, I have betrayed my heart.
At times, I have gone against my truth.
At times, I have felt so hopeless that I figured it did not matter what happened to me.
At times, I have felt so alone that I did not care what did happen to me.

During those times, I knew to hold on.
I knew I had a chance.
I was lucky because I knew to keep going.

I knew I had people to turn to for help.
I knew I had angels and guides who always supported me.
I was lucky because I knew.

During those times, I still wondered how to live my truth.
I still wondered how to connect with my love.
I still wondered how to live as my light.

During those times, the impulse for power and control was strong.
The division between my mind and heart was confusing. 
The sense of disconnect from the divine was exhausting.
The illusion of being separate from my light was heartbreaking.

During those times, I did not know that I could expand beyond my pain.
I did not know that I could expand beyond my hurt.
I did not know that I could access my light.
I did not know that I could expand into a space of pure divine wisdom and love.  

Back then, I did not know.
But today, I am lucky.
Today, I know.

I know that I am wisdom.
I am love.  
I am light.

Today, I am lucky because I know.
Separation from the divine is only an illusion.
I am a divine being of wisdom, love, and light.


 - Joe Hurley

An excerpt from my book, "Arc of Being: Volume 4."

Get a copy of "Arc of Being: Volume 4" at Amazon here!


No comments: