Friday, August 29, 2008

Too Exhausted To Love

It has been a long time holding up my sword.
It has been a long time holding up my guard.

It has been a long time refusing to play. 
It has been a long time holding back my tears. 

Dropping my sword is not that hard.
But opening my heart, this brings up my fears.

I feel so exhausted.  The sword has been heavy.
I feel so exhausted.  It has been so long.

I feel so exhausted - too exhausted to love.
How do I start again?  What will I do?

The time is different now.  There is a new way unfolding.
My transition takes time.  I want to rest.

I let down my sword.  I choose to open. 
But I feel so exhausted, too exhausted to love.

The feelings are heavy.  I choose to let them in.
I can feel myself sinking.  Am I able to swim?  

It is okay.  I choose to acknowledge. 
I accept all rhythms.  I accept myself fully.

I accept my exhaustion.  I have compassion and grace.
I honor divine timing.  I have patience.  I can wait.

I honor the process.  I accept my light.
I honor the process.  I embrace my flow.

It won’t be long now.  I am healing.
It won't be long now.  This I know.


 - Joe Hurley

An excerpt from my book, "Poems of Light."

Get My Book Of Poems On Amazon Here!

No comments: